The gift of knowledge is infinitely greater than the gift of food, equaled, perhaps, only by the gift of life. The Jagadguru Sri Shivrathreeswara Mahavidya peetha has dedicated itself to realize this lofty ideal, ever since its formal establishment in 1954.
Jagadguru Dr. Sri Shivarathri Rajendra Mahaswamiji, the 23rd pontiff of Jagadguru Sri Veerasimhasana Samsthana Math, Sutturu, practically realized the noble dictum of the 12th century Vachana movement “Work is Worship” by establishing JSS Mahavidyaapeetha in 1954.
Dr. Shivarathri Rajendra Mahaswamiji was a visionary and Tapasvi. Mahaswamiji’s philanthropic bent of mind and latitudinarianism, inspired by the spiritual legacy bequeathed by his noble predecessors, led to the establishment of JSS Mahavidyapeetha, which now runs more than 500 institutions covering all genre of education, including technical, medical and general. Through these institutions it not only provides learning to about 40,000 students annually but touches the lives of millions more through cascading effect. Every year new establishment of learning enjoin the fold of the Mahavidyapeetha, making education more need based and nurturing the students to become globally competent.